Okay, Friends and Neighbors. So the Recession is Official. Let’s pull together keep our neighborhood strong throughout hard times. Here are some ideas how:
- Get out and meet your neighbors. Check out the Old Town Chinatown Calendar for all kinds of events.
- Volunteer. Dozens of options. Try Portland Rescue Mission or Blanchet House.
- Find out what Rosey wants and help her get it.
- Collect art by neighborhood artists. There are more than 40 galleries in Old Town Chinatown.
- Buy gifts in the neighborhood. How about a membership in Chinese Garden, ONLC, or OJM?
- Support the 2009 Old Town Chinatown Crier with your ad. Contact Kim or Howard.
- Do your homework and attend meetings (long list here, in green) where decisions about the economic future of the neighborhood are being made.
- Join one of the Old Town Chinatown Neighborhood Association Committees: Arts, Culture and History, Communications and Public Safety all need members.
- Celebrate with OTCT’s six Spirit of Portland winners when they go to City Hall at 1 pm on Dec 11th.
- Enjoy pure fun! The annual Christmas Ships Viewing Party is December 16 on the McCormick Pier Waterfront. Tell your neighbors and invite your friends. It’s free. Let Nancy know how many are coming as there’ll be food.